Thursday, February 7, 2008

Blogger's Cramp

I figure if there's a "writer's cramp" there must be a "blogger's cramp" too, right?

I feel like I have nothing uplifting to discuss today - even to myself.

I realize that I've been bitching far too much lately, and I intend to be more mindful of that as I blog. I'll try to be more pleasant and happy and keep future bitching to a minimum.

Coughbullshitcough.

Maybe once a month I'll dedicate a blog to bitching. But gosh, where will I jot down all my daily bitches while I wait for "bitch day?" I wouldn't want to forget one! By George, I think I've got it! I'll have "bitch day" once a week instead of once a month. That will keep it more managable and will keep me from exploding. We wouldn't want an explosion.... So what day do I bitch, and from where do I begin counting? Hmmmmm

I'll just keep nursing my slow leak for now: Ppffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffff

Baby steps, AtlantaMom, baby steps.


My running self is already getting anxious about the March 22 5K. I am scared shitless of running in A RACE - in front of PEOPLE - and of being OFFICIALLY TIMED.

I'm especially anxious now that I'm now doubting my own clocking of miles. Someone seemed shocked/impressed in a comment on a previous blog. That told me something was off! Please know that I'm not using a stopwatch, nor am I having a third party time me. (I should!) I've simply been checking the digital clock in my kitchen before I run out the front door, and then checking it again when I come in.

The 7-minute miles I "clocked" myself at were after a mere 3 mile run. Does that make it sound less good? Believe me when I say that I'm not fast. I never was a sprinter and, in fact, have always sucked at it. Endurance was always my mantra.

I found a 5k a full 20 days prior to the one I've already signed up for. It's in Athens, Georgia, which is about an hour from here (translate: I won't know anyone). Sneaky, obsessive me looked up last year's race results and found the top 3 times in my age group to be: (1) age 38 - 19:17.2; (2) age 36 - 25:00.0; (3) age 38 - 25:56.6

Something inside of me is screaming YOU CAN DO THIS! And by "do this" I really just mean place in the top three in my age group. I just don't want to embarrass myself...


Where’s the fire,
what’s the hurry about?
You better cool it off
before you burn it out.
You got so much to do
and only so many hours in a day...
hey hey hey
But you know that when the truth is told
that you can get what you want
or you can just get old.
You’re gonna kick off
before you even get halfway through...
oooh when will you realize
Vienna waits for you....

Slow down, you’re doin’ fine.
You can’t be everything you wanna be
before your time.
Although it’s so romantic
on the borderline tonight...tonight
Too bad, but it’s the laugh you lead;
you’re so ahead of yourself
that you forgot what you need.
Though you can see when you’re wrong,
you know you can’t always see when you’re right.
You’re right.
You got your passion,
you got your pride,
but don’t you know that only fools are satisfied
dream on, but don’t imagine they’ll all come true.
oooh when will you realize
Vienna waits for you....

Vienna – Billy Joel

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think you'll do great! Try not to stress too much - the one race I ran was pretty laid back and casual.

You can pretty much tell who's going to come in top 3 or 5. It's almost like they're wearing an invisible sign that says "I've done this before, I know what I'm doing and I WILL win this"...LOL You should be one of those people! :)

HA about your bitching blogs, don't feel bad about those! Honestly sometimes I feel guilty for posting bad day blogs too but then I remember I'm blogging to get my "stuff" out. Not to make it reader friendly (tho I DO love my readers!!) Just keep it real, ya know?

HAHAHA thanks for the compliment on my ass! I didn't take it wrong! In fact it made my day and made me laugh which is always good!! Maybe I could talk you into posting a pic of yourself on here - or even e-mailing me one?? ;)

It's funny that you mention the coloring of my kids and me. After I posted it I thought that I should have said something like "interesting how 2/3 of my kids don't look like me, eh?" LOL My middle daughter does look just like I did when I was little. My other two, so I've been told, have similar features but their coloring is all their dad. Go figure!

GetBackJoJo said...

yes, you can place! (and you will...)
you should bitch every day in your blog. I enjoy reading bitching! If you can't bitch here, where can you bitch?