Sunday, February 10, 2008

Running amok

I was watching TV last night and caught part of an ad for some sort of exercise equipment, and I had an epiphany - about treadmills, ellipticals and stationary bikes. My dislike for them. My inability to use them, that is.

The word bouncing around my brain was HAMSTERS!

I'm convinced that treadmills, ellipticals, stairmasters and stationary bikes are hamster wheels. Every time I get on one of them I feel like a rodent on a squeaky effing wheel! No thanks.

Of course, my stubbornness about this costs me days of running; if it's raining, I'm pretty much screwed.

And speaking of running, I have just added to my monstrous itunes collection. With the excuse of needing more running tunes I lazily browsed the online music store (candy store for me), nonchalantly buying everything that took my fancy. About $42 later I had a brand new ipod folder. On today's run I will definitely be dancing to the beat of some different drums, babyee.

(Note to self: Teengirlchild must never learn how many songs I purchased in that one sitting!)


Mmmmm chocolate flavored coffee (favorite) and only myself and the dogs up. Of course, that won't last because monsterdog has found her favorite toy - a huge orange rubber thing with a very LOUD squeaker. It squeaks when bitten, chewed, thrown, stomped on and shaken. Apparently.

update later - just as I typed the above, I hear hubby up. Damn dog!

No comments: