Tuesday, January 15, 2008

Addendum

Gosh! I got so caught up in blogging that I forgot to mention that I did in fact survive night one of "The Visit." Yes, there was a good deal of wine involved, and I personally downed about 4 glasses. That's enough wine for me to make raking a 2 acre yard with one arm seem fun....

My parents mentioned nothing about anything they noticed amiss, for which I was thankful. Maybe it was the glazed look in my eyes that said "say nothing negative and you both live," or maybe it was my big dog [great dane] who doesn't seem to like my Dad - a fact that caused more than a few giggles on my part - and who was poised and ready to eat him in one fell swoop, should I give her the nod.

Or maybe I still scrutinize myself too closely, as I was made to do as a child. Maybe my life is best viewed as a pointilism portrait or an impressionism painting a la Van Gogh; up close I'm a muddy mess of colors with no apparent order, but from at least five feet away it comes together in an attractive package.

Shrug. Whatever the reason, I'll take it.

Night two commences soon. I still have 3 bottles of good wine.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

HAHA I'm glad that with the help of a few glasses of wine the visit by your parents was easier to take! Like you said, it's too bad we can't share a cup 'a joe - or a bottle of wine! ;)
Good luck on the next couple visits!
By the way - you're right...who wants a June Cleaver around? Not me that's for sure. My morning mood seems to have lifted a bit so I'll just be me and get through the rest of the day. Thanks for the pep talk! :)