Wednesday, January 30, 2008

What happens when you take nighttime cold meds before work?

...You get one very blurry, bleary, confused me. Apparently I don't function well with some cold medicines, and have noted such to myself for future reference.

First I "forgot" how to back out of my garage in such a way as to avoid hitting the garbage can with my passenger side mirror (I tried four times to back out without hitting the damn thing, while hubby patiently waited. I finally gave him a look which said 'get that effing can out of my way NOW,' which he did). Later, I accidentally faxed a recipe for "Super-Crunchy 'Fried' Chicken" to a very important client instead of exhibits to a letter. After that (yes, unfortunately, there is more), I was faxing another letter to a list of clients with a 5-page attachment. No problem, but the attachment was backwards (i.e. pg. 5, 4, 3, etc.) so I re-sent the entire package with the attachment in proper numerical order. Great - until I realized that that letter shouldn't have had an attachment at all!

So now I'm faced with the knowledge that I'm a moron, at least for a day. But no worries - I'm in good company.



I feel like hell and look worse. What's more - I just don't have time to be sick. No mom does. With that, I'd like to take this opportunity to thank my two lovely children for this godawful virus. I'm so proud that you're sharing!

On the plus side, the boss is gone until next week. I feel like hell, but I'm relaxed and happy.

I'm sad but I'm laughing
I'm brave but I'm chicken shit
I'm sick but I'm pretty, baby
And what it all boils down to
Is that no one's really got it figured out just yet
But I've got one hand in my pocket
And the other one is playing the piano

One Hand In My Pocket - Alanis Morissette

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ugh! I'm sorry to hear that you're sick - and that you don't get to be home and in bed watching soaps and eating bon bons...LOL ;)
You're so right about my hair! I gave it another look in the mirror last night and decided I still really like it long. I think I'll go in for some freshening up of my layers around the front though. Maybe a new color would be fun too...hmmm thanks for the suggestion :)

GetBackJoJo said...

Cough medicine makes me so tired and out-of it, unless I take the kind with caffeine. That's the ticket! Sorry you were a train wreck at work! Pretty funny, though.

If I were you I would definitely call in sick. Life is too short to be a trooper. Think how peaceful the house would be with the kids at school....