Wednesday, January 9, 2008

How do I spell relief? K N E E B A N D S

Relief!

Good ole Rite Aid had just what I needed - knee bands. From the moment I put them on I knew all would be right again with the world. The black straps with a rigid rod in the front wrap around the knee and adhere with velcro, putting pressure on the patellar tendon. In the time it took me to affix the things to my legs I went from unable to walk up or down stairs and pain with walking, sitting, etc. to no pain! Just like that!

And what did I do with my new-found freedom from pain? Well I went for a run, of course! As I was lacing my running shoes my husband looked up from the kitchen sink and asked me what I was doing. "I'm going for a run" I replied, trying hard to sound like that was a normal response. "You're kidding" he said, with a look that said I was nuts. I wasn't kidding, and lucky for him he didn't push the issue.

Does that make me stupid, determined or addicted?

A lovely lady replied to yesterday's post warning me that the running addiction (which I'm sure doesn't pertain to me) creeps up unexpectedly.

Hmmm. Perhaps I'll ponder that on today's run. With my still-swollen knees. Wearing knee bands. So I can walk. So I can run. *cough*

No comments: