Friday, January 11, 2008

Stupid or addicted?

I ran yesterday with my knees still swollen.

My husband said nothing as I walked by the office wearing my "running outfit," but gave me a look. Because I know him so well I know what his looks mean. This look said "I know how stubborn you are, so I'm not going to tell you NOT to run, but we both know it's not smart to run right now and you should take a day or five off."

He again said nothing as I sat on the couch with ice packs lining my knees afterward. After all, what was there to say besides "duh?"

The question that now begs an answer is this: WHY? Could I be a running addict, as the kindred spirit in Miami suggests happens when you least expect it??

Or am I just stupid?

2 comments:

Crumbs said...

You're addicted.
Welcome.

AtlantaMom said...

They say the first step toward recovery is admitting you have a problem. What if it's not a problem? Does that make it an addiction? (Ok, so maybe the knees are a problem...)